Tuesday, May 17, 2011

IMIRE...here I come!

So I arrived in Harare, Zimbabwe that night and John picked me up at the airport. He used to run the lodge part of Imire Game Reserve when I was last there, but has now just left Imire to pursue other work. But he picked me up and drove me to Imire to hang out for a bit. It was great to see him, and a familiar face. This is a picture of the house I stayed in before and would again on this trip (known as "Reilly's House", Reilly was the son that ran the volunteer program when I was there and now got promoted to Game Park Manager, and lives in a house behind this one now...but it is still all known to me as "Reilly's House"). It was amazing to be back! We all just sat around and chatted, and I got to meet Greg who was new and now running the volunteer program and Amy and Jody who were the two volunteers staying there, and got to see Reilly too, which was so nice to see everyone was doing well. They were all so nice to let me join them for 3 days. I couldn't wait to get up and see everyone and the park in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment