Friday, March 27, 2009

Love of the Library!






For some reason no one really let the children in to see the library. I think the adults were loving it so much that they didn't want the kids to harm it at all. Mel and I had a different idea as the library was built for the children, which we had to remind ourselves of regularly as we were spending a great deal of money. So we let all the kids in one day, as they for some reason were keeping it locked. We told the kids before they went in that a library is a quiet place where people read and when you are done with a book you have to put it back where you got it from as they are in order. The children agreed and we were off to the races. They took out books and sat down and looked at them and helped eachother put them back and they were LOVING it! These were only some of 40 pictures of them showing us books and really looking at the pictures and the older children were reading to us. It was so great to see them enjoy this building and the resources as much as we hoped. I am a huge book person at home as people who know me as a teacher and I LOVE books and think they can do so much for children (eventhough i just started to enjoy reading myself). Mel and I enjoyed every moment of these children's joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment