Friday, April 3, 2009

Masai Village





The first picture is of kids on the side of the street while you drive. You are not allowed to take pictures as you drive or of the Masai people. After I asked one of the Masai men why i couldn't take pictures of them he came out with the truth that they know they can get money for getting pictures. Money runs not only America but apparently nomadic Masai people. The second picture is of the guy we paid to show us his village. Then there is the picture of Mel and I in this little hut, which houses a family of 10 people. It is totally dark and you have no idea what you are touching, smelling, or sitting on, not really okay for me. The last picture is of the entrance to the village, then before it is the area where their goats sleep and there has to be a guy sleeping in that hut, where he is sitting, to watch over the goats. There are two things i have to mention about the experience. First, to get the true feeling of what it was like there you should sit under a space heater and shove your face in a pile of dung and then look at the pictures...then you will truly be in the zone. It was the worst smell I have ever smelled in my whole life, i mean they are interesting people but i do not have any idea how they live with the smell or the flies. Second, the Masai NOMADIC man told me i should call him, and gave me his CELL PHONE number, and then i could also EMAIL HIM. What kind of nomadic authentic culture has cell phones and email, HOTMAIL....i was so shocked and taken back that I had to just get in the van and sit is shock. But now I can email a Masai guy who could or could not be even in the AREA.

No comments:

Post a Comment